Undergraduate Research Assistantships
About Undergraduate Research Assistantships
Those selected for an assistantship will assist faculty and graduate students that are current trainees in the D4 training program. They will also learn about data science foundations, methodology, and tools for creating trustworthy data driven discovery from biological data and other data.
Benefits for Undergraduate Research
- Develop a skill set in problem solving and communication.
- Develop a professional identity and a connection to the research community in a STEM discipline.
- Enhance the ability to integrate theory and practice.
- Learn to work independently & collaboratively.
- Build self-confidence.
- Develop academic depth in a STEM discipline.
Terms of Assistantship
- Participants will earn $2,000 per semester.
- Must actively participate in at least 150 hours of work and/or meetings in a semester.
- Be available to meet in the evenings in the Spring & Fall semesters of the assistantship.
Requirements of Assistantship
- Must have a GPA of at least a 3.4.
- Have at least one year remaining in BS degree.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
The application form will be available in January 2024.
If you have any questions about the assistantship opportunities available, please reach out to the program coordinator at email@example.com.